Monday, March 10, 2014

2014 Discoveries

Last year I did a post of some of my favorite things. I decided it was time to do that again. Since I currently don't have a working computer there won't be links (yet). Sorry in advance. 

1. Felt Bows for Maggie. 

I've purchased quite a few felt bows for Maggie but recently I've discovered how calming it is to make them. Dani, the creator of Emme + Ivy moccasins bought some amazing wool felt and we've had so much fun making headbands, bitty bows to pair with some Girlie Glue, and clips. While I watch hours of Criminal Minds (eek) I make bows. We love it so much we are having a bow making party. We're still working out the details but it's going to be fabulous. We have sooo many colors so follow @emmeivy on Instagram for updates on when that will be happening. So excited!!



2. Perfect Pallet. 

Found them at the Vintage Whites market in Salt Lake on Saturday and they are seriously amazing. I'm starting a savings jar now to buy all sorts of beauties when we move to our new house. I did buy this adorable sign that inspired my gallery wall in Maggie's room. I've been collecting stuff for a while but this little love sign was the inspiration I needed to actually get it up. And I may have purchased a second one that may be part of my first ever giveaway. So follow my Instagram @em_bastian if you want in. And follow @perfectpallet7 to see all their gorgeous stuff.

 

3. Indy Brand Clothing. 

If you want the softest, most comfortable shirts that are also stylish, then go to indybrandclothing.com. I have tagged them in a few pictures on my Instagram and their new spring line is coming soon! 

4. Pasta Roni: Parmesan 

Okay you may laugh at this but I jut discovered this. And it's delicious. So if you're anti preservatives and anti carbs just ignore this number. But if not. Go buy a box. Best $1 you'll ever spend. And it pairs great with a diet coke. 

5. David and Goliath: Underdogs, Misfits, and The Art of Battling Giants by Malcolm Gladwell

I got Colonel Brandon this book for Christmas and started reading it myself. If you need an inspirational book to read, pick this one. Each chapter highlights a person that overcame a battle. But more than that, this book explores a new way of viewing the battles we face and how we overcome them by looking at situations differently than others.

And there you are. Happy Monday!!  

2 comments:

m & k said...

This is fun! I'm gonna try pastsroni now! and Maggies room is so dang cute!

LauraP said...

I can't wait for your giveaway! I need to add that book to my list. I've heard it's good