Monday, February 6, 2012

I Am A Stress Sleeper

Colonel Brandon told me this morning that I was a stress sleeper. I told him it's better than a stress eater though right?

Last night we watched the Superbowl. We were both rooting for the Patriots. Two years ago I could have cared less about football, even a year ago I was not that into it. But being married to Colonel Brandon I should have known that couldn't last long. This year I was invested. Fully invested. Yes, I do tend to side with Colonel Brandon because he has so many facts up in that head of his that it would be hard not to agree as to why he favors certain teams and players. What I like about his reasoning is that he likes the good guys. He likes the guys that are not just naturally talented or the guys that everyone else loves. He likes who he likes, but he bases it off of what he studies. Seriously, he studies these players. He knows who they're married to, what pick they were in the draft (or if they were drafted at all), how many kids they have, etc.

So when Drew Brees and the New Orleans Saints fell short of making it to the Superbowl (tear), Colonel Brandon turned to Tom Brady, who he also loves and I love to (and no, not because he is good looking).

So the start of the game last night wasn't the best. Colonel Brandon could give you a much better play by play of the game, so I won't even try. I will say though that I still love Tom Brady. And I will still cheer them on. I don't care that he's already won three Superbowls. And I don't care that he has a supermodel for a wife. He still is one of the best quarterbacks of all time and I will fight that claim to everyone (including my dad). So props to the Giants and Eli (he was my fantasy quarterback this season). You did it again, but it hasn't convinced me that you're a better team or a better quarterback. I'm not a hater, but I am a little sad.

And yes a tear was shed last night. So thanks Colonel Brandon for helping me love the NFL. I never thought I'd see the day, but I'm glad it's here. Even though I fell asleep at 9 last night. So yes, I guess you could say I sleep when I'm stressed.

So if you have differing opinions please be warned that if they are shared in front of me, I will forever defend the Patriots and Tom Brady.

2 comments:

wisp said...

Yes, Brandon has an amazing ability to keep stats for stuff like that in his head. If I have a question about what is the better car, I also ask him about that. He would make an excellent bookie. I miss him so!

adrienne said...

I too cheered for the Patriots but it was more because Tom Brady is good looking.