Today we celebrated our one year anniversary by sleeping in and missing Sacrament Meeting (oops) and staying home all day instead of going to the parents for dinner. I made my first Sunday dinner ever...I know, poor poor Brandon. But living 5 minutes away from both of our parents makes a difference. I made steak, potatoes, asparagus, and salad. And a Strawberry/lime Marguerite (a Christmas gift from Dev and Kaylee).
But what I meant to do yesterday was tell the Colonel 26 reasons why I love him. We had fun celebrating his birthday with new red shoes :) pizza, Cathie's famous jelly roll cake, Ticket to Ride, the movie Up, and reminiscing over the last year by looking at his homemade gift--you guessed it, a scrapbook. And a trip to the grocery store of course.
now for the list--in no particular order
1. You listen to me vent about idiot drivers
2. You snuggle with me on the couch.
3. You always get excited to talk to me about cars even though you have to repeat a lot because I have a horrible memory.
4. You know more about pop-culture than I do.
5. You don't give me a hard time for never cooking.
6. You come to work with me and throw away dirty diapers.
7. You wait for me outside of the nursery room on Sundays.
8. You read to me, even when I fall asleep
9. You play games with me.
10. You tell your friends all the great things about me :)
11. You laugh when I tickle you.
12. You tuck me in when you stay up later than me.
13. You text me randomly during the day about all the annoying people in law school.
14. You take pictures with me even though you hate having your picture taken.
15. You read my blog ;)
16. You let me decorate for all the holidays
17. You make me food.
18. You get me medicine and the rice bag when my hip hurts.
19. You give me blessings.
20. You say thank you to me all the time.
21. You go to the temple with me.
22. You are the best color commentator I know.
23. You put your arm around me at church.
24. You get so excited playing Madden (and angry occasionally).
25. You love your family (including me :)
26. You married me.
There you are lovey. Perhaps next year I can think of one more reason why I love you. ;)
And I can't wait to stay in the Egyptian room of the Anniversary Inn with you next week!