Tuesday, November 29, 2011

There will come a day...

when I am not in school. I have to keep telling myself that. I absolutely love the months of November-February. The weather is marvelous; I get to wear my scarves; Colonel Brandon and I celebrate both of our birthdays, Christmas, Thanksgiving, New Years Eve, Valentines Day, and our anniversary. It is a glorious time of year that is squashed and extinguished by homework, papers, and exams.

I agonize over my to do list, but in the back of my mind I'm just wanting to put up my Christmas tree, wrap presents and tie beautiful bows on them, and spend time with Colonel Brandon looking at lights and snuggling in our freezing house.

But then reality hits and I have to force myself to stay up past my ten o'clock bedtime and pound out the 12 page research papers.

2 comments:

wisp said...

I so understand that feeling. That degree will be worth it, though. :)

Icie said...

Hard to believe, but yes, the day will come!

I'm not sure that I miss school anymore; I miss learning in a classroom--there's the difference. Now I learn about feeding baby solid foods and refinishing furniture, making clocks and cooking meals. I don't miss exams, papers, stress, but I do miss learning new ideas and concepts!

Enjoy school, it'll be done before you know it!