Saturday, October 29, 2011

Life is what you make it

When I was little I wanted to be a cowboy, so I would watch a movie called Silverado. I loved that movie, still do actually. There is a quote in that movie that has stuck with me and becomes more and more powerful. It is definitely true for law school.

"Some people think because they're stronger or meaner, they can push you 'round, I've seen a lot of that. But, it's only true, if you let it be. Life is what you make it." - Stella

There are other quotes that comes to my mind, that I wish people would apply more.

"Keep away from people who belittle your ambitions. Small people do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can be great." - Mark Twain.

"By swallowing evil words unsaid, no one has ever harmed his stomach." - Winston Churchill.

"It is not our abilities that show what we truly are; it is our choices." -Dumbledore.

But, I will try to remember that, "Each golden sunrise ushers in new opportunities for those who retain faith in themselves and keep their chins up." - Alonzo Newton Benn.

"What you are becoming is more important than what you are accomplishing." - H. Jackman Brown. Jr.

2 comments:

wisp said...

:) I love all of these! I needed them today. Remembering who you are is more important that what you do is big for me. I've had a lot of mean words thrown at me in my life. Some of them took a really long time to brush away, but I'm getting better at letting them bounce off. It's tough to do and definitely a skill that has to be developed.
Loves you! :*

mary said...

may we all take that advice!