Tuesday, September 27, 2011

I can't say no

I have a problem. I physically cannot say "no" to people when they ask me to do something. Let me rephrase that. I cannot say "no" to anyone outside my family. That is just sad. I can say no to Brandon or my sister. But when my mission president calls to ask if I'll do the food for our upcoming mission reunion...I say yes!! Of course!! I'd love to!

After hanging up, I remember I told myself last year that I wouldn't go to one of these again. Seeing missionaries that asked me on a date when I got home...seeing other missionaries I didn't particularly like...and the whole "look what I'm doing with my life, fake smile, and perky attitude." I guess I'm just too pessimistic. At least I can just hide out in the kitchen with Colonel Brandon.

So the mission reunion is in 3 days and I am starting to freak out. Mostly because whenever I mention it to someone they freak out. So then I get nervous. I've never cooked for more than 6 people. What was I thinking.

And of course I want it to be perfect so that just makes it worse. Water is not good enough to drink so I have to do a pretty (and delicious) mint lemonade. I have to cut the rolls a certain way to make them look better. I can't give assignments to people to bring side dishes because they have to go with the main dish.

What on earth have I gotten myself into.

The Menu
Barbecued Pork Sandwiches
Pasta Salad
Grape Salad
Chips
Mint Lemonade
Dessert

2 comments:

Icie said...

Go, Emily! Sounds like you've got a project... :) I hope it goes well!

LauraP said...

I have a hard time saying no to people as well! It's a sickness! I'm sure the food will be delicious and you will be able to pull it off. Good Luck!