Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Reuben Sandwich


While this picture doesn't look anything like my Reuben sandwiches I didn't take the time to take a picture of my own and upload onto the computer (I'm just lazy like that).

Reuben's remind me of my grandpa Emmett.
They remind me of eating lunch in the kitchen with my mom.
They make me feel warm and cozy inside when it's absolutely FREEZING outside.
Reuben's are my favorite.
But only at home,
because for some strange reasons restaurants usually put Thousand Island Dressing on them. Why? no se.
And since it's the only way I eat rye bread I get to eat a whole lot with one loaf.

Reuben sandwich:
Dark Rye Bread
Corned Beef
Swiss Cheese
Sauerkraut
pickles
Butter both sides of the bread and grill to perfection :)
*be sure to let the sauerkraut drain really well or the sandwich will be soggy.
*For best results put the pickles and sauerkraut in between the cheese and meat.

And enjoy :) Don't judge till you try it.

1 comment:

Paige said...

I LOVE Reuben's too - we probably have them every week in the winter. But yes, I do put thousand island on mine (I'm a "sauce" girl all the way - any kind of sauce on anything & everything... and I leave off the pickles - ick. Everyone else in my family seems to love them tough, so maybe I'm the crazy one...and now I'm craving a reuben! Mine don't look like that picture, either - haha!