Sunday, December 5, 2010

Oh how I love the holidays: and photographs

I have heard amazing things about online Christmas card creations and Shutterfly makes beautiful Christmas cards, books, calendars and so many other things. They are having an amazing deal of 50 free Christmas cards with a blog post.

I saw the information from Dancing Toad Photography, which is created by one of my friends from high school. She has an adorable family and is an amazing photographer. Here's some stuff Shutterfly does so you can display all your favorite pictures. And send them to friends and family for Christmas.

Enjoy!

Here's some of my favorites.

Love, love, love the colored snowflakes and the one below with the Joy to You on the front.



I absolutely love this one and I think it's the winner for this years Christmas card. We are going to include my moms favorite picture from my wedding earlier this year.


I really want to make one of
these. From the time I can remember my mom always made photo calendars for my grandparents. She would collect photos of the children, grandchildren, cousins, etc. and print out a calendar. It was always my grandparents favorite and they would display it proudly in their home. I have done so many gifts for people with pictures because I feel like it's more memorable and personal. This year I am making more books for people that I love (but I don't want to give away any surprises) and I can't wait for them to see them.

I wish I had more time to do more on Shutterfly, but hopefully when I'm done with school I will have all the time in the world to put together gifts that everyone will cherish forever.

And for those of you who think people just throw Christmas cards away I want you to know I always include the few I receive in the back of my scrapbook each year. And my mom has books of past Christmas cards that make it fun to look back on how we've all grown through the years.

and when I have more money I want canvas wall art all over my house.

2 comments:

Amy said...

I almost picked the same Christmas card. Good taste.

Tamera said...

I love making christmas cards! I've enjoyed making a few for people this year!