Saturday, November 27, 2010

This deserves its own post

I forgot the most exciting news of the week! And when I realized just how long my last post was I figured I better make a new one...

drum-roll please...

The Colonel got a paid clerkship next summer!!!!!! After an interview a couple weeks ago Brandon received an email with a job offer. We are so so happy that we don't have to move for the summer. So I can keep my jobs, and The Colonel will get to work at the law firm in Salt Lake City. And not feel guilty for getting a few toys he's been wanting :) I do have to say how grateful I am for The Colonel. He makes me so happy and he is so so so good with money. I don't have to worry about him draining our savings. It's me he has to worry about.

I do have to say how blessed I feel at this point in my life. I have someone to come home to every day. We both have the opportunity to get an education and have amazing jobs. And I get to stay on my dad's health insurance for 2 more years! And we have cars that get us to where we need to be. And we have a cute little apartment that is just perfect for us.

Oh happy happy day.

7 comments:

wisp said...

The Colonel IS good with money. It is an in-born trait, I'm pretty sure. When we were kids I'd always blow my money as soon as I could because there were so many things I'd been waiting to buy. He always saved his for something special and was always loaded (as kids "loaded" means like $10 hahaha) when I had pennies left. I always wished I were more like him, but I am just not as cool or something. ;)

Korrie@RedHenHome said...

Congratulations to you both! That is wonderful news. I'm glad you won't have to move, and it sounds as if your Christmas will be especially merry!
Glad you had fun for Black Friday! I decorated rather than shopped...less expensive, and almost as much fun!

Michael Bastian said...

What I want to know is how did Brandon become a Colonel? You can call me the Major General. I am very happy for Brandon. For which law firm will he be working?

Brandon said...

I am working for Workman Nydegger. It's a patent law firm on South Temple, in the Eagle Gate tower.

Brandon said...

And I became the Colonel after Emily watched Sense and Sensibility.

Maren said...

I love that movie. Watched it yesterday.

Laura-Clark said...

Congratulations on "the Colonel's" internship and all the other great things going in your life!