Sunday, September 12, 2010

Inspired


Check out Nicole's blog here. There is a link to the Ruben challenge. What an inspiring man. Watching this 6 minute video made me wish I didn't compare my clothes, home, decor, car, etc. with those I see every day.

I want to not only be content with what I do and have. I want to be happy. I mean I am happy now, but I want to be more like the Colonel. He doesn't care about clothes or money. (unless it's in the savings account). Buying new things doesn't get him excited like they do me. He is content.

I want to be like that. I want to be happy without buying new things and trying to impress people with my worldly possessions.

I want to focus on the important things. Learning. Being better. Spending time with family. Being a good friend.

1 comment:

Nicole Nield said...

I know what you mean, it is hard to not want what seems so important! Here is a talk I read when I need to be reminded of what is important.

http://lds.org/ldsorg/v/index.jsp?hideNav=1&locale=0&sourceId=9469230bac7f0210VgnVCM100000176f620a____&vgnextoid=2354fccf2b7db010VgnVCM1000004d82620aRCRD