Wednesday, August 18, 2010

She looks wonderful tonight

A few days ago Emily sent me an email that pretty much told me to contribute to the blog. So, I am. Emily is always writing about how good I am (which makes me thoroughly embarrassed if anyone was wondering). Well now for the truth. Emily is the key to this relationship. She does everything, she cooks, she cleans, she makes all the money since I only get unpaid internships (yep ,she's my sugarmomma), she is the good looking one of the relationship, and everyone, and I mean everyone, loves her. Proof that she does everything in the relationship and I'm just a lazy bum. My own family even loves her more than me, you think I'm kidding but I'm not. And why shouldn't they? She is the kindest and nicest person, she cares about them and is always asking about their lives and taking an interest in them. In fact, because of her I feel closer to my family, not to mention that she somehow knows more about them usually than I do...odd...
The best part about Emily though is that she is very supportive. She supports me financially, she just wants me to get a job that I want. She will follow me anywhere that job takes me and she helps me when I get discouraged about law school, which is a lot by the way, if you were wondering. In fact this week I have been particularly surly about returning to law school and summer ending. It means I have to go back to the place where I am still not sure I belong and hope that I made the right decision to go there. See, if anyone knows me they know I worry all the time, and I really worry about finding a good job that I actually like and that can support Emily and my future family and law school just reminds me of that.
So, I wanted everyone to know that I married up. Waaaaayy up. Everyone knows it, except Emily of course, shhhh don't tell her. I got incredibly, ridiculously, awesomely lucky. I would have put a picture up of her on our wedding day, but I don't know where they are (she does, I'm sure). That day I wanted to sing "You look wonderful tonight" by Eric Clapton, but then I remembered I can't sing or play the guitar, so I didn't. But if you listen to that song, you'll know how I felt on every date, our wedding day and how I feel every night. This may be my one and only blog post, so I just wanted to proclaim from the rooftops, or blogsite as the case may be, that I love Emily Bastian. I am the lucky one, don't let Emily fool you.

5 comments:

Papa John said...

We think things are about as close to even-steven as you can get. We are certainly pleased to have you in our extended family. Thanks for the posting!

Laura-Clark said...

You two are so cute and perfect for each other! Also Brandon don't feel bad about questioning your career choices.... Clark does it all the time. It must be a guy thing, because they want to provide for their family. And usually us girls don't care what you do as long as you are happy doing it! Good Luck with Law School

wisp said...

Aw, what a sweet post. =) Don't worry, everyone likes John more, too. xD So I know just how you feel.
Don't worry about the career stuff. I think everyone worries about that early on. I'm still figuring out what mine will be. Terry Brooks (the Shannara series author) was a lawyer for a long time and then decided to write fantasy novels. Nothing's in stone. ;)
I love how much you two love each other. It warms my soul. I really can't wait to visit and see y'all again. *hugs* And I really hope this one isn't the one and only post you do. =) It's good to hear from you both. :D

Amy said...

This is so sweet.

falslev family said...

That is one of the sweetest things I've ever read! I'm happy that you're both happy. What a great couple you two are!