Monday, June 14, 2010

The Cause of sore legs and a funny looking walk

Getting home from Logan on Memorial day Brandon and I headed to his parents to see some nieces and nephews that were in town visiting. They had all just finished riding Brandon's horse Cobra and we wanted a turn. Brandon got to go first and he is one good lookin' cowboy.



Now I just pretend like I can ride a horse. I've always been allergic, but I have been in the mountains of Wyoming on a horse trying to make it back to camp without another hail storm hitting us and I felt like I could be in an old Western...not really though. So I had to impress my hubby and get on Cobra - the same horse that is known for bucking people off when he doesn't like them. Well here are the pictures to prove my success in riding, but the three days of limping came later.

Luckily I didn't fall off like the last time I tried to ride when the horse decided to follow my sister over a small jump.


Isn't Mapleton gorgeous! Who says Utah isn't green...it's green enough for me. I suppose all this rain is doing something :) I just wish I could stay inside and read Lord of the Rings with Brandon all day when it's raining.

Oh and just to give a shout out to Dave and Katie. Congratulations! Of the six close friends from High School Katie is the last one to tie the knot...she only beat me by a few months :) Can't wait til August!

5 comments:

Papa John said...

You both look professional enough to us. Keep the pictures coming.

Angel said...

That looks so fun! I love riding horses and my mom always tries to get me to go when I'm visiting. Problem is, I am terribly allergic to them as well. If I take medicine it considerably reduces the allergies but doesn't take them away. Basically if I don't take anything I break out into hives....when did this happen? I swear I used to do 4H as a kid, ride all the time and i was fine.

Yay for Katie! I'm soooooooooo excited! :)

Tamera said...

Congrats to Katie. That's awesome!
And I love the pics Em! What a great day! We rode horses on Memorial Day as well, but we went up Spanish Fork Canyon. I LOVED it. A girl Mike works with took us and James Allen.

wisp said...

=) Brandon has had a gift for horses all his life. He used to ride Cobra with his arms out like he was flying, like the boy does in The Black Stallion. I love the relationship he has with Cobra. They tease each other and have fun going fast; they have absolute trust in each other.
And, girl, I have respect for you! :D Cobra can be hard to handle. Well done! Of course, I knew Cobra would like Brandon's girl. ;) Looks like you guys had a fun time. We miss you. I'm sorry we couldn't make it out there yet... soon. =) *hugs*

A and M said...

I'm so jealous! I love riding horses...well, my little trots that I have done once in a blue moon.
I've always thought Mapleton was beautiful! Sounds like it was a fun & busy weekend!