Wednesday, December 16, 2009

I'm...what?!


I AM ENGAGED!!!!!! As of this afternoon Brandon and I are getting married!! I had no idea he had even gotten the ring, but he did it while taking finals in law school. Crazy! I went to his house and we left to go on a walk. As we were walking he told me some stories about why this was particular walk was special to him and when we got to his special place he said I was now a part of that. He got down on one knee and pulled out the ring. I was already crying as I said yes. I love him so much and am so excited to be starting my life with him. I couldn't ask for a better man.

It is a little surreal, and time will fly, but we are looking forward to February 13, 2010. We just set a date in the Logan temple and it will be fun to start planning over the Christmas break.

15 comments:

Brian said...

Congratulations! That's awesome!

Your Pal Roland said...

Well played Brandon! Okay Emily, get after that English teaching job to help pay off Brandon's law school debts. And oh yeah, congratulations!

A and M said...

Emily you are a doll! I'm so excited for the two of you.

Angel said...

Congrats again my dear, I'm pretty stinking excited for you! I really really REALLY hope I can make it to the wedding! If not I think I will cry.... LOVE YOU!!

Courtney and Ben said...

We are SO excited for you! Can't wait to see you next week!

jake said...

Congratulations! Brandon is one lucky guy! And mid-February is a great time of the year to get married. Our 29th anniversary will be on the 11th. I highly recommend Sun Valley, ID for your anniversary.

Laura-Clark said...

Yeah!! I read all of your sister's status on facebook last night! I'm so excited for you two. He is lucky to have you!

chad said...

Congratulations! We have a sofa bed available in our apartment for your honeymoon. We'll throw in cold cereal for breakfast and you can tell every one you honeymooned at a quant B & B in the holy city of Jerusalem.

Papa John said...

I just noticed that our earlier posting didn't get on the list so here's our addition to the CONGRATULATIONS list. Our first impression of
Brandon at Thanksgiviing was most favorable and we don't have any expectation of changing our minds later on. Now, if you could just seem at least a little bit excited and giggle some, Emily! We have really enjoyed seeing that side of you as your relationships deepened.

adrienne said...

Yeah! Congratulations! I'm so excited for the two of you!

Tom said...

How great is all this... I trust Brandon asked the holder of the guns, Jim, for permission first?

falslev family said...

Is it me or is your ring on the wrong hand??? Anyway... Congratulations you two! I'm very excited for you both and can't wait for the February wedding.

McCaye said...

Congrats again, my friend! I am so excited for you and brandon. And I am SO excited that I will be here for all the fun and excitement! I love you and can't wait to see you!!

Emily said...

I took the picture on my computer real quick and it flips it. I promise it's on the left hand :)

Tyson,Brandy,Chanel said...

It was great seeing you yesterday!! Congrats!!